Musings from the Heart: Breaking Down

I had a little breakdown the other day.

Alone in the apartment, watching a movie, I suddenly lost it.

Thinking about lost love. Hopelessness. Being alone. Not being able to work things out with someone you loved because you knew they just didn't care enough.

It was too much. The feelings too strong. All at once, overwhelmed, the tears came down. 

And then, just as quickly, I was brushing them away. 

Just a simple little breakdown, but it helped me realize something:

My soul feels torn to bits.

How do you get over that?

 

1 comment:

  1. Breakups are so hard. I'm so sorry you are going through a hard time. I know it might not be comforting now, but things will get better. I ended my marriage last year, was devastated, and am finally beginning to be excited for the future. Also, “Alone also means available for someone outstanding.” ― Greg Behrendt

    ReplyDelete